Deadline: 1 September 2015
Small grants are provided by Joke Waller-Hunter(JWH) Initiative that creates opportunities for young people in the environmental sector in developing countries to unfold their full potential.
The Initiative aims to strengthen environmental Civil Society Organisations capacity and efficiency.
The mission of the JWH Initiative is to provide an accessible and tailored small grant for education and training of individuals who are nominated by their organisation as potential future leaders.
The following categories of grants are available per round:
10x 2.500 Euro
4x 5.000 Euro
2x 7.000 Euro
- Young people who work or are affiliated with environmental CSO’s in developing countries and emerging economies who have shown potential for and interest in further developing their leadership are eligible to apply.
- The candidates should have proof of an excellent track record in:
- fully embracing the idea of sustainable development;
- a strong background in working on environmental and sustainable development issues;
- showing potential and ambition towards becoming a leader in her/his field of work, such as being inspirational and a
- support to others, working with communities, being innovative and creative;
- committed to work on environmental and sustainable development issues in their country/region.
- The candidate should be willing and have the potential to report on the development of their leadership capacities.
Note: Self-nominations are not accepted.
For more information, please visit Small Grants for Young People.